Wednesday 9 April 2014

Yield To Love

Matthew 28:36-28:10

It is not wrong to experience strong emotions. During My time on earth as a fully human man, I often expressed strong emotions; yet I never sinned. Emotions are not your enemies - but the evil one wants to use your emotions to pull your eyes away from My Face. 

When I knew my crucifixion was approaching, My emotions were overwhelmingly intense. I felt overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death! I took My sorrow to the Father and expressed it to Him. But then I yielded My will to His. This yielding was not immediate - My agony was so great that I had to speak out My surrender and submission the the Father's will twice more before I was ready to face the difficult circumstances ahead of Me. 

I fixed My heart on the big picture - eternity! I focused My heart-eyes on the eternal joy My submission would reap (Hebrews 12:2). I fixed My eyes on things above, not on the traumatic suffering I was facing on earth. I trusted the Father's Love so completely as I walked My path of suffering. And that Love triumphed spectacularly, even crushing death!

Consider and meditate on this, so that you do not grow weary and lose heart! Fix your eyes on Me. Take up your cross, deny yourself, and walk your own path of suffering with your heart-eyes fixed securely on My relentless, unfailing, death-crushing Love that trumps all else. 

2 comments:

  1. "This yielding was not immediate - My agony was so great that I had to speak out My surrender and submission to the Father's will twice more before I was ready to face the difficult circumstances ahead of Me." ~ me, my heart right now...thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Jennifer! I love how He speaks right to our circumstances. *hugs*

      Delete