Monday 28 April 2014

Parenting with Perfect Love

You feel stretched to breaking point right now. I understand, My precious one. Give Me all of your fear and doubt, your exhaustion and illness. Hear this: even when your flesh and your heart fail you - I AM the strength of your heart and your portion forever! (Psalm 73:26)

Let My Love overwhelm and drive out all of your fear right now. Especially the fear that you will not be able to parent wisely and kindly while you are this tired and weak. You cannot operate out of fear and love at the same time. When you are harsh with your children, it is because you are operating out of fear, not love. Fear of their sinfulness, fear of failure, fear of mess, chaos, disorder, fear of losing control. When fear tries to take over, stop and make a conscious choice to reconnect with Me. 

I AM Love. When you are connected to Me, My Love can flow through you. I will show you how to respond to your children in the way that they will most experience love at this moment. I will not tell you the same thing every time. Sometimes, your best loving response will be to laugh and show grace. At other times, your best loving response will be to kindly but firmly restate boundaries or calmly and kindly follow through on consequences. 

There is no fear in love. Fear has to do with punishment, but Perfect Love drives out fear. (1 John 4:18) Let Me teach you how Perfect Love parents, by the way that I parent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment