Wednesday 23 April 2014

Desires of Your Heart

"Trust in the Lord and do good. Dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:3-4

There is a wonderful principle at work here! This passage is not some formula to follow: Delight yourself in the Lord and then He will give you every selfish desire you ever had. No! Instead, it goes like this: 

Delight yourself in Me. Love to spend time in My Presence. Let yourself be caught up in the fascination of who I AM. You will have the exquisite pleasure of spending eternity exploring the millions of facets of My beauty; but I have a special gift for you here and now...you can start this exciting adventure NOW! 

As you embark on this journey of delighting in Me, you will discover that you are in for a wild joy ride! You will be utterly captivated by My ENORMITY and My INTRICACY - and your heart will long to know and experience Me more and more deeply. You will crave more of Me with each passing day. The greatest desire of your heart will be Me. 

And here it is, Dear Heart! I will give you this desire of your heart! I will open your eyes to new passageways to explore in My Presence. I will unlock secrets of My Heart. I will let you explore aspects of My beauty that angels long to look upon. What could possibly be better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment