Tuesday 8 April 2014

Just Rest

"Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you. Let Me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29)

You cannot rush rest, dear one. There is no substitute for the soul-rest that I offer. No quick alternative that can yield the same result. This is because the process of entering My rest is just as important as the refreshing you get as a result. It is a sacrificial offering of your time and attention. It requires you giving up something you value highly, for something that is absolutely priceless.
 
I make you to lie down in the green pastures of My Presence. I lead you by the still waters, the living water of My Spirit. Here, I restore your soul as you wait and abide with Me. (Psalm 23)

Sometimes you are so ready to flop down and soak up the soul-rest that I offer. At other times, your heart and mind are in conflict. Your heart craves this, but your mind is impatient, wanting to rush on ahead. 

You remember as a child, your parents built rest-time into your daily routine. You resisted time and again, and hated to admit that you felt better afterwards. Sometimes you have that same childish approach to soul-rest. "But I'm so busy, I've got so much to get done, I can't afford the time, and anyway, I don't need this right now."

You DO need this. This is how I've created you - to function at your best with regular soul-rest. Just give in to Me, dear one. Come rest awhile with Me. Don't watch the clock. Put everything else aside and just breathe in the freshness of My Presence. Just stay here with Me a while. Just rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment