Sunday 20 April 2014

Redefining Good

Psalm 34 

See, I am doing a new thing! I am redefining your heart's understanding of "good". For years I have been wooing your heart, showing you glimpses of My Love, and always, always inviting you: "Taste and see that I am Good!" (Ps 34:8) You have been so timid, Dear One, in responding to my invitation. So wary of Me. So afraid to really believe that I could be for real! You have taken little nibbles from time to time, but you have always allowed the enemy to distract you with fear, hurt, disappointment and busyness.

The enemy's oldest tactic since the garden of Eden is to make My Beloved people question My Goodness; to doubt that I AM Love; to be suspicious of My motives...He knows that if you truly understand that I AM Good, and if you truly trust in My Goodness, then you can live a yielded life - a victorious life!   

Only recently have you begun to dare to taste of My Goodness, and to develop a daily appetite for My Presence. Listen with your whole heart, Precious! "Those who seek Me lack no good thing!" (Psalm 34:10). Because I promise that those who seek Me shall find Me - and I AM GOODNESS! The delights you will discover as you learn to live ever in My Presence...sheer GOODNESS, My Beloved! Unlimited joy, and peace in the midst of tumult! 

Is it any wonder that the enemy is doubling his efforts to keep you from pursuing Me with your whole heart? He has been trying:
- annoying insect infestations
- sickness
- injury
- difficult diagnoses
- financial strain
- relational tension

Let Me teach you, Dear Heart; let Me tell you a secret...what he intends for your harm, I intend for good! (Genesis 50:20) Let every frustration you encounter turn your heart towards Me. Let every difficulty increase your desire for more of My Presence. Let every inconvenience serve as a reminder to press into Me! 

And as for the enemy's intentions for harm..."In My name, in the name of the Lord, CUT THEM OFF!" (Psalm 118:10-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment