Sunday 6 April 2014

Guard Against Self-Pity

Continue to be on your guard against self-pity. Feeling sorry for yourself, however justified it seems, is just not helpful! Wallowing in self-pity leaves your heart muddy, and your soul downcast. Do not seek others' pity, either. This does not mean that you ought to bottle up your sadness, though. 

When you are feeling sad, bring it to Me. Pour your heart out, cry all the tears you need to - but don't leave it at that! Follow David's example from Psalms (e.g. Psalm 42)...speak out Truth and Hope! Declare My Goodness! Sing out praise for My Faithfulness! Recite the ways that I have come through for you in the past. List the ways I have come through for others. Call to mind all the ways I am showing you that I am with you now. 

Delight yourself in Me, in all the wonder of My unfailing and relentless Love. Why wallow in self-pity, when you can dance in My Love instead? Lift up your heart-eyes to My Face. Your soul will be satisfied and lifted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment