Thursday 3 April 2014

Step Out On The Water

Matthew 14:22-33

I am asking you to trust Me more completely than you ever have before. I know that you would not have chosen this path willingly; but you can see it as a path to deeper trust in Me. You simply cannot walk it without Me. I'm asking you to step out on the water. This is not something you can do on your own - I AM the enabling power - but I require YOU to take the steps in faith. I cannot take the steps for you, but I can empower you to stay above the waves. You need to do the walking. 

Keep your eyes absolutely fixed on Me! Do not let your eyes drop from My Face. Do not look around at your circumstances, or you will surely sink. Determine to focus entirely on My Face. Be transfixed by My gaze of Love. Lose all awareness of your current circumstances in the Light of My Face. Fix your eyes so securely on Me that My Face is more real to you than doctors' best-case scenarios. Let your attention be held by My gaze of Love. There is so much I can impart to you through My gaze...so much Love, Truth, and Hope. As you are transfixed by My gaze, My reality becomes more real to you than your circumstances. Like the old hymn says...Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace. As the Light of My Face shines on you, the fear in you melts away. 

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith." (Hebrews 12:2)


4 comments: