Friday 18 April 2014

Dare to Believe

Psalm 32

There are times when you feel that you are completely justified in "falling apart", feeling sorry for yourself, or feeling like you are being unfairly targeted with difficult circumstances. 

Lay down this mindset! It poisons your heart, and no good EVER comes from it. 

In fact, there are areas of your life that you have even built your identity around this kind of victim mindset. It is so deeply ingrained in your psyche that you have had recurring bad dreams over a number of years, in which you feature as the victim in so many different situations.

Remember: "Do not grumble...No temptation has seized you except what is common to man."  (1 Corinthians 10:10,12)

Let Me take this a step further - all too often, you have dressed this self-seeking attitude up as humility, and painted yourself as a patiently suffering servant, all the while feeding your pride on the pity and admiration that others offer in response.

I am not telling you this to shame you, My Love, but to open your eyes to a doorway you have been leaving open to the enemy. 

Oh My Darling, I love you more deeply and more completely than you can ever know this side of heaven. As you begin to grasp this truth little by little, you are starting to trust Me enough to let Me near your old wounds that never healed properly. As you dare to believe that I DO, in fact, have your best interests at heart, you realise that there are times when I need to inflict pain in order to heal you. But FEAR NOT, My Beloved! Know this: I never operate without first giving you an unlimited direct line of My Unfailing Love - the purest and best anesthetic available!

No comments:

Post a Comment