Thursday 1 May 2014

Sadness without Self-Pity

When waves of sorrow wash over you, climb up into My lap, Beloved, and let Me wrap My arms around you. Cry your heart out on My shoulder, soak My neck with your tears, bury your face in My chest and let the sadness escape into My safe arms.

You are so used to trying to process your emotions by yourself. Analysing them, searching for reason behind them, seeking to understand them. This is another manifestation of "D.I.Y mode". With sadness, this searching for an explanation can often lead to self-pity, as you seek out reasons for the sadness, dwell on these reasons and begin to wallow in self-pity. Sadness is not sinful, but self-pity is. In effect, you are agreeing with the enemy's lies about your situation, and willingly diving into the slimy pit he has prepared for you. 

Trust Me with your sadness. Isaiah foretold Me as "a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering" (Isaiah 53:3). I can handle it. You do not need to push your sadness away, bury it or understand it. Just bring it to Me, and we can sit with it together. Let Me be your sweet comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment