Thursday 29 May 2014

Remember Me

Psalm 78

There is much you can learn from the Israelites, Beloved. Their biggest downfall was their short memory - they forgot My wondrous deeds, My Power at work in their lives. They lived too much in the present, and forgot to recite My Mighty works to themselves and their children...this led to their distrust, doubt and unbelief. Their hearts were not loyal to Me. They did not believe in Me or trust in My deliverance. They lived by sight, rather than by faith. 

"Whenever God slew them, they would seek him; they eagerly turned to him again. They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer." (Psalm 78:34-35) But it was always short-lived. I would come to their rescue, work wonders to save them, then in their contentment they would forget Me again. "Their hearts were not loyal to him, they were not faithful to his covenant." (Psalm 78:37)

I crave loyalty in My People, Beloved. It blesses My heart when My dear ones stay true to Me through hardship AND blessing. The secret to keeping your heart loyal is to REMEMBER ME. Human hearts are fickle and quick to forget. I am teaching you to train your heart to remember Me every day. When things are going smoothly, remember Me regularly with thanks and praise. When the ride is rough, remember My character, My Goodness, and this will guard against the traps of self-pity and bitterness. 

It is ALWAYS a good idea to set your thoughts on Me. Remember Me through all your wakings in the night. Remember Me in the joyous moments and in the frustrating ones too. Remember Me in all that you do, and your heart will stay steadfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment