Tuesday 6 May 2014

Firm Foundation

Psalm 61:1-4 "Here my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings."

It seems to you that self-pity is winning the battle today. You are feeling so stuck in the mud; it seems like you are being pelted from every side with muck. The more you try to pull yourself out, the more you feel thwarted. The more you look at the mud all around you, the deeper you sink. Your heart utters the cry, "This is not fair!" and the sinkhole pulls you down deeper. 

Speak out My Name in your desperation! Lift your eyes above the muck and mire, and search for My Face. 

Self-pity is telling you that there is nothing to thank Me for today. Reject that lie! Start by thanking Me for who I AM:
  • Your strong tower
  • Your Rock 
  • Your Strength
  • Your Salvation
  • The King of kings and Lord of lords
  • The provider of all your needs
  • Perfect Love
  • Wisdom above all others
  • Creator of the Universe
  • The Resurrection and the Life
  • Death-crusher
  • The Comforter
  • The Alpha and the Omega
This Truth never changes. As you recite My credentials, your eyes find My Face. Now I can pull you from the miry pit and set your feet on the Rock. I AM your firm foundation. Continue to add to your list of things to thank Me for throughout this day. This will help you to keep your eyes fixed on Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment