Friday 23 May 2014

Ever-Present

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." Psalm 46:1-3

Again I tell you, do not let your emotions dictate your response to your circumstances. No matter how dramatic and catastrophic your circumstances appear, I AM your refuge and strength. I AM ever-present with you, and your peace of mind depends largely on how willing you are to continually tune into My Presence.

I never leave you nor forsake you, Beloved. But you do have the power to cut yourself off from the awareness of My Presence, simply by fixing your eyes on your circumstances rather than on Me. It seems like a perfectly natural response to an earthquake to freak out and panic - but the safest response is to calmly retreat into your safe refuge - My Presence. 

Learn to recognise your fear response as a cue to immediately retreat into My Presence - it is only from here that you can accurately plan your next move. Here, you can begin to see things from My Perspective. What seems like a natural disaster to your eyes may in fact be the means by which I clear obstacles in preparation for a mighty work of My hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment