Saturday 17 May 2014

Hope Casts Out Despair

"When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me, til I entered the sanctuary of God." Psalm 73:16-17

"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you." 1 Peter 4:12

Your eyes have slipped from My Face, Beloved. Despair is creeping in to your heart. Look up - remember where your help comes from. Although it feels like wave after wave of difficulty is washing over you, I hold you firm. I will not let you drown, my darling. I am allowing these waves to wash away each and every crutch, all the flotsam and jetsam that you cling to for a false sense of security. I AM your salvation. These other things you cling to cannot save you! Sleep, health, material possessions, technology...you rely far too heavily on these to comfort you. You place your trust in these things far more readily than you trust in Me. 

Be still before Me and know that I AM GOD! You are always with Me, and I hold you by your right hand. I guide you with My counsel, and afterward I will take you into glory...Your flesh and your heart may fail, but I AM the strength of your heart and your portion forever. (Psalm 73:23-26)

Despair cannot abide in the presence of this Truth. Dwell in My Truth, and perfect Hope will cast out despair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment