Thursday 31 July 2014

Always Worthy

"Praise the Lord, all nations! Extol him, all peoples! For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord!" Psalm 117

We've talked about this before, but let's go over it again. Praise is not situation-dependent. You do not praise Me when things seem (to you) to be going well, and then withhold it when you are unhappy with the way your circumstances are progressing. 

In psychology, you have been taught to use praise as a reward. You praise to reward behaviours that you want to see more of, behaviours that you approve of. You withhold praise and ignore behaviours that you want to see less of, behaviours that you disapprove of. But you cannot train Me, Beloved. I do not bend to your will by strategic use of praise. You cannot make Me love you any more than I already do - that is an impossibility! 

I will not jump through a hoop for a treat, dear one. You praise Me because I AM. My Presence, My Existence deserves praise. I AM always worthy, regardless of what I do or don't do. 

Moreover, praise moves your heart. When your eyes have slipped from My Face, praise restores the connection. When you are feeling helpless, praise restores Truth of My Sovereignty. When things are not going the way think they should, praise realigns you with Me, with My will. 

So, declare with the psalmist right now: "Great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever! Praise the Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment