Wednesday 2 July 2014

Personal Agenda

"Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart." Psalm 97:11

How you react to frustrating changes to your plans for the day shows you are still walking in your own strength, operating in "D.I.Y. mode". To truly rely on Me, you need to lay down your own agenda. Pray with all your heart, then focus all your energy on trusting Me completely. 

When you do only the first part of this - praying with all your heart - you are praying with a personal agenda. No matter how good an agenda it is, it is still your plan. This leads to disappointment if My plan differs from your plan. And if you do not check it, disappointment leads to self-pity and bitterness. 

So...pray with all your heart, then trust Me with all your heart. I know your heart's desires, and I see bigger picture. I am for you, dear one. I am with you, but I am also before you and behind you. As you invest time and energy in trusting Me, you will walk in My Light, with joy in your heart, regardless of how the path differs from your desired route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment