Wednesday 13 April 2016

Springs of Living Water

"You are beautiful beyond description, 
Too marvellous for words,
Too wonderful for comprehension,
Like nothing ever seen or heard.
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of your love?
You are beautiful beyond description,
Majesty enthroned above!
And I stand, I stand in awe of you.
I stand, I stand in awe of you.
Holy God, to whom all praise is due, 
I stand in awe of you."
(I Stand In Awe of You, by Mark Altrogge, 1987) 

In the past, you have often sung this to Me from a position of flat on your face in worship. This is, of course, beautiful to Me. But today, as you wake with this song on your lips, you are singing it to Me as a Lover whispering adoration to her Beloved on the dance floor. 

As I hold you close and we move as One, your boldness and confidence thrill Me!  Your intense gaze into My Face, your delicious words of loving adoration completely undo Me. You have My heart, Beloved. I am yours and you are Mine! Keep whispering those sweet words of Love direct to My Spirit - I love to hear them! 

"For you reach into my heart. 
With one flash of your eyes I am undone by your love, my beloved, my equal, my bride.
You leave me breathless -- I am overcome by merely a glance from your worshipping eyes, for you have stolen my heart.
I am held hostage by your love and by the graces of righteousness shining upon you.
How satisfying to me, my equal, my bride. 
Your love is my finest wine -- intoxicating and thrilling. 
And your sweet, perfumed praises -- so exotic, so pleasing. 
Your loving words are like the honeycomb to me; your tongue releases milk and honey, for I find the Promised Land flowing within you.
The fragrance of your worshipping love surrounds you with scented robes of white. 
My darling bride, my private paradise, fastened to my heart.
A secret spring are you that no one else can have -- my bubbling fountain hidden from public view.
What a perfect partner to me, now that I have you...
Your life flows into mine, pure as a garden spring.
A well of living water springs up from within you, like a mountain brook flowing into my heart."
(Song of Songs 4:9-12,15 TPT)

The spring of Living Water is gushing forth from within you. No need to fear dryness, barrenness or wilderness. The water flows down, filling every part of you. 

Beloved, let it flow outwards today. Let it splash onto all you meet. You do not need to force anything, just be present with Me. Do not allow the flow to be dammed up by Bitterness, Self-Pity, Guilt, Stress, Frustration or any other pesky bully. 

"Whoever believes in me, as scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." (John 7:38)
"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." (Isaiah 58:11)

"...So where the river flows, everything will live...Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruits fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing." (Ezekiel 47:9,12)


No comments:

Post a Comment