Saturday 16 April 2016

A Declaration Song

The Dance of Love

Verse 1:
You replace my pain with treasure, Lord
With gems so precious and rare
You place them in settings of silver and gold
And you weave them into my hair. 

Chorus:
You give me joy for mourning, Lord, 
You give me joy and grace.
You give me joy for mourning, Lord 
And you dance me all over the place.

Verse 2:
You replace my rags with royal robes
Of brilliant colours and light
You clothe me in Strength and Dignity
So I can dance with all my might

Verse 3:
You replace my drab, monotonous grey
With vibrant colour as we dance through my days
You take my bitter and whinging heart 
And exchange it for a heart full of praise!

Bridge 1:
You dance, you dance with me
You lead me in this dance of love.
You set your love on me
And call me to the places above. 

Verse 4:
You replace my tears with laughter, Lord
With mirth and hilarity
You open my mind to Truth and we laugh
At the lies of the enemy!

Verse 5:
You replace my natural human sight
With faith-filled heavenly view
When I look at my circumstances now
I see not what they are, but what you can do!

Verse 6:
You replace my shrinking with confidence
Your perfect Love casts out every fear
The barren season is over and gone,
Behold a new day dawns bright and clear! 

Bridge 2:
You dance, you dance with me
You teach me how to move with grace
You set your love on me
In You, I have found my true place. 

I have given you a new song! I have put the words in your mouth, words of revelation and Truth. This is a declaration song! Sing it in praise and thankfulness, even (especially) on the days you are not "feeling it". 

I am the fulfillment of Isaiah 61, I came to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour!
"to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion - to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified." (Isaiah 61:2-3)

"They shall come and sing aloud on the height of Zion, and they shall be radiant over the goodness of the Lord...their life shall be like a well-watered garden, and they shall languish no more. Then shall the young women rejoice in the dance...I will turn their mourning into joy, I will comfort them and give them gladness for sorrow." (Jeremiah 31:12-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment