Thursday 28 April 2016

Joyful, Willing Obedience

"Faith is certainly a very lovely thing," said the King with a pleased smile. "I can do anything, yes anything where there is this perfect faith or responsiveness to my will...there is nothing in the whole wide world which gives me more joy and appears fairer in my sight than the response of human hearts to my love. It is the will to obey me which makes the union complete between us and which enables me to pour my life and power into those who love me and respond to me continually." (Hannah Hurnard, "The Mountains of Spices")

Beloved, taste and see that I am good! What a joy it is to live in willing obedience. For I know you deeply and intimately and I desire good for you. As you trust Me and willingly give up your right to "do what you feel like" and choose to move with the impulses of My Spirit, you discover that I do, in fact, know best! I have good things for you - deep, abiding joy unspeakable - that cannot be gained any other way than by yielding to Me. 

Though at times, yielding to Me looks unpleasant, uncomfortable and even ugly, as you trust My Love and willingly say "yes", you find treasures previously unknown to you. The beautiful exchange! 

Do not question My methods, Beloved. Just joyfully submit. 

You are bursting with passion to share My Good News, and wondering why you have had to cancel all your plans to meet up with people this week in order to stay home with sick kids. Trust My methods, Beloved. Embrace My process. I have My reasons, and I will not always share those with you. Just walk humbly, joyfully in obedience, even as I hijack your good plans. Trust Me, even in this, Darling One. 

See, I am stirring up your hunger to see lost ones saved! I am showing you My heart for those who do not yet know Me. Sit with the agony, Beloved. Let it move you deeply. I am birthing My Heart in you, can you hear it beating? Calling, "So many hurting! So many blind! So many lost and looking for Me!" Will you help them find Me? 

As you learn to live more from your spirit than from your flesh, you will see with delight that what you desire and what you "feel like doing" is more and more in line with My Heart. 

"Night's darkness is dissolving away as a new day of destiny dawns. So we must once and for all strip away what is done in the shadows of darkness, removing it like filthy clothes. And once and for all we clothe ourselves with the radiance of light as our weapon." (Romans 13:12-13, TPT)
See how I confirm the revelation of Truth I gave you and the new song I put in your mouth with Truth directly from My Word, over and over again! Joy, Beloved! What a joyful adventure you are on with Me. 

"Now may God, the inspiration and fountain of hope, fill you to overflowing with uncontainable joy and perfect peace as you trust in him. And may the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround your life with super-abundance until you radiate with hope!" (Romans 15:13, TPT)

No comments:

Post a Comment