Friday 8 April 2016

Glory to Glory

Arise, my dearest. Hurry, my darling. Come along with me!
I have come as you have asked to draw you to my heart and lead you out.
For now is the time, my beautiful one.
The season has changed, the bondage of your barren winter has ended, and the season of hiding is over and gone.
The rains have soaked the earth and left it bright with blossoming flowers.
The season for pruning the vines has arrived.
I hear the cooing of doves in our land, filling the air with songs to awaken you and guide you forth.
Can you not discern this new day of destiny breaking forth around you?
The early signs of my purposes and plans are bursting foth.
The budding vines of new life are now blooming everywhere.
The fragrance of flowers whispers, "There is change in the air."
Arise, my love, my beautiful companion, and run with me to the higher place.
For now is the time to arise and come away with me.
For you are my dove, hidden in the split-open rock. 
It was I who took you and hid you up high in the secret stairway of the sky.
Let me see your radiant face and hear your sweet voice.
How beautiful your eyes of worship and lovely your voice in prayer.
You must catch the troubling foxes, those sly little foxes that hinder our relationship.
For they raid our budding vineyard of love to ruin what I've planted within you.
Will you catch them and remove them for me? We will do it together.   
(Song of Songs 2:10-15, TPT)

O Beloved One, I see you hesitate. You are not sure whether I really intend these words for you, now. Are you thinking of my words about the new day dawning two years ago, when soon thereafter you entered the toughest season of your life? But Beloved, you've known My Love like never before through this time! Remember that the dawn I spoke of was a new way of seeing, not a promise of smooth sailing. 

My Darling, do you not yet comprehend that your circumstances are mere tools in My hands, that I can use to draw you nearer? They are inconsequential in and of themselves! They are not your Dictator or Master. They do not change who you are. They cannot rob you of yourself. When you are surrendered to Me, they are just tools in the Potter's hands. Please do not rail against your circumstances, or make yourself a victim to them. They do not have power unless you give it to them. 

Chronic illness does not define you. I know that you feel as though it has changed you and you have lost yourself. But, Dear One, I AM the One who gives you your identity! In My hands, your chronic illness becomes a tool by which I can strip away self-reliance, pride, legalism and control. But remember, I am the Resurrection and the Life! I can bring to Life the elements of your personality that have been hitherto dormant, kept down by your control and pride. Embrace this process, Beloved Surrendered One! 

Already on this journey, you have discovered strength that you did not know you had. You have given up foods that you never thought you could. You have, by your desperation, found new ways to press into Me, and you have heard from Me more than ever before. So when I say that the season is changing, I mean it. I am not saying that your troubles will be gone. I am not saying that the way forward will be smooth. But I am saying that I am taking you from Glory to Glory in Me! I am taking you to new places. I am showing you this natural world through eyes of Love like never before. I am changing you, not your circumstances! 

Now, when I suggest that you give up something else, it is not to take you further into legalism. It is an invitation to sweet sacrifice for the sake of Love, to help you train your appetites. I see your willing heart. I hear your cries of "Yes, My Lord!" Your surrendered heart gives Me such joy. You have My heart, Beloved. I am yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment