Monday 9 June 2014

Ruining Your Appetite For Lesser Things

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Psalm 73:25-26, 28

Just resting with Me, dwelling in My Word, and opening up your heart to Me increases your awareness of Me, which increases your desire for more of Me! The more time you spend in My Presence, the more you long for even more! 

I satisfy your soul as with the richest of foods, and I ruin your appetite for lesser soul-foods. The more gourmet soul-food you consume, the more distasteful junk-soul-food becomes to you! 

I am re-training your heart's cravings. As you taste more and more of Me, and see that I AM GOOD, lesser things no longer appeal to you in the same way. But you can easily disrupt this process by consuming more of the lesser things, and less of Me. So be careful what you take in, Beloved. Not out of rules, guilt or obligation, but because of your love for Me. 

Honour the work I am doing in your heart, and steward it well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment