Sunday 29 June 2014

I Am There

"When I said, 'My foot is slipping!' your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:18-19

It is not My plan to keep you on the brink of anxiety or panic! Just waiting for the next bout of bad news! That is not abundant life! My desire is to see you living in My joy each and every day!

In My Presence is fullness of joy! (Psalm 16:11) Fullness! It fills you to the brim and then spills out to everyone you meet! You do not need to dwell in a place of sorrow, grieving that which seems lost! This is an attempt to protect your heart from future pain. Let it go, Beloved, dance with Me in a wild dance of joyful anticipation. Your daughter is fearfully and wonderfully made, and I delight in her beauty! Don't hold back in doing the same!

Do not fear the strong emotions she already evokes in you. Do not fear the journey I am taking you on. I give you beauty for ashes, joy for mourning, praise instead of despair. (Isaiah 61:3) This beautiful exchange is always available to you as you dwell in My Presence. In Me, you can smile through tears, laugh in the midst of sorrow and be joyful in affliction. There is no guilt in this. I am big enough to contain simultaneous and seemingly contradictory emotions. 

Do not get hung up on externals. Whether your early experiences with her take place primarily in your home or in a hospital ward...I am there! I am able to transform a sterile intensive care unit into a place of beauty by My Presence, which you carry with you! 

Whether you get to hold her close from day one or not - I am there. Though your experience will be different from the last two new babies, it will be no less precious! You will experience moments of intense beauty that are made even more precious by the uniqueness. Trust Me in this. Let go of your fear, and let yourself look forward with excitement. She is so worth it! My Truth is irrefutable, My Hope is boundless - not constrained by mere circumstances. Let Me set your heart free to soar on wings like an eagle. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, friend...I needed to read this. Thanks for sharing, again and again. I know sometimes it may not feel like it, but He has made you (and is continuing to make you) so strong that His strength just radiates through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement, dear friend! It means so much to me. God is carrying us through each day. Xo

      Delete