Monday 31 March 2014

Walk With Me

My dear daughter, you always want to know the end of the story before you get there! How many times have you sneaked a look at the last chapter of a book, to see if you like the ending enough to bother with the the book? The journey is just as important as the destination. You know this, or you would not love reading Dickens as you do. 

You crave short-cuts, quick fixes and easy solutions. You want me to give you rules and formulas to follow, to make life "easier" - but I don't work that way. 

The journey is intended to be much richer, full of adventure and romance. If I give you short-cuts, you miss out on amazing views along the way. If I give you quick fixes, you are not strengthened by the climb. If I give you rules and formulas to follow, you don't learn to lean on Me for each step. 

Stay close to Me. I will show you the way forward. I will show you where to place your feet to avoid falling. When you let go of Me and stumble and trip - call for Me and reach out to Me, and I am right there to help you up again. 

Walk with Me, dear one. Walk with Me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment