Sunday 30 March 2014

Let Me Love All of You

Let yourself fall even more in love with Me. Do not listen to fear's lies that I will ask too much of you if you really give Me all of you. I am not cruel. Please believe this - I am not out to punish you! I am not some divine masochist who derives pleasure from human suffering! 

Let me in to the deepest parts of you. You are free to be completely vulnerable with Me. I AM the only One who loves you with no hidden agenda, no self to get in the way. I AM the only One who can ever love you totally and completely. 

Do not fear Me, dear one. I AM perfect Love; there is no room for fear here. Trust My Love. Do not shy away from Me. 

You have always heard stories from My Word - what trials and tribulations My people have had to go through, and deep, deep down, you told yourself that I AM not to be trusted, because I allow My people to face pain, persecution and bitter loss. After all, I AM the one who asked Abraham, My friend and the father of My chosen people to give up his most beloved son as a sacrifice. "How could perfect Love even ask that?" you have questioned. It seemed to you like some kind of cruel joke. 

But Abraham knew Me well enough to trust My Goodness. He knew that he could never out-give Me. He knew of My Faithfulness to My Word, and he trusted Me completely (Romans 4:16-21; Hebrews 11:17-19). 

The truth is, dear beloved, this world is full of pain, loss and heartache. It is not possible for you to avoid it! The enemy wants to hold you back from experiencing the ONE THING that can make pain bearable - intimacy with Me! He would have you believe that somehow, if you hold yourself aloof from Me, you can avoid the deepest kinds of pain. That pain will not have as much power to hurt you. He tells you that I would betray you. He makes me out to be a liar, when in fact, he is the father of lies. This is not a new tactic, he has been at it since the garden of Eden. (Genesis 3)

I have created you to need intimacy with Me, and I offer it to you wholeheartedly. I crave intimacy with you too. My deepest longing is for My precious children to trust and love me completely. My heart is tender, dear one. The tenderest heart in the entire cosmos. I have known pain that you cannot even begin to guess at. My Love for you cost Me dearly. Now let Me love you, dear heart. Please let Me love you. Let Me love all of you.   

2 comments:

  1. Oh...
    I needed this, too. During the worship at church today, I was reeling a little myself over this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get all choked up each time I re-read this! I love how He speaks to parts of us we don't even realise exist!

      Delete