Monday 24 March 2014

Practise Thanksgiving

You are becoming more aware of My Presence with you throughout each day. But do not grow lazy in seeking Me. Cultivate an attitude of gratitude. Practise thanksgiving...I know it is flowing naturally from you as a result of how grateful you feel for My Presence and My Words to you. But don't stop there. Press in in giving thanks. Give thanks not only for what you have seen Me do, but also for what I am about to do. Notice the joy this stirs in your heart. 

When circumstances arise during your day that seem unpleasant, difficult, or just plain annoying, give thanks for who I AM, and for My Presence with you. I am not asking you to give thanks for the trials, but give thanks that I AM always with you, walking you through each situation that you face. 

This helps you to keep your eyes fixed on Me, and not on your problems. When you focus your eyes on your problems, you go straight into DIY mode, and you freak out! Keep your eyes fixed on Me, and you need not fear, though "tens of thousands assail you on every side." (Psalm 3:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment