Friday 28 March 2014

Your True Identity

Psalm 8

Remember that I AM the One who created the universe - I spoke life into being, formed man and woman with My own hands, made each star and moon, planet and sun and placed them exactly where I wanted them!

Remember that I AM your personal and very involved Father also. I care about every detail of your life, and I want you to share your every moment with Me. 

I AM not just one or the other - I AM both Creator and Father. Approach Me with the confidence of a child who fully trusts in the love of her parent; but also in the awareness of My awe and power. 

My dear child, you will not make Me angry by asking for good gifts! But do not forget to worship Me for WHO I AM, not just for what I can give you. The more you worship and love on Me for who I AM, the more confident you will become in accessing the power I have already given you permission to draw on. You have the keys of the Kingdom. But they were never intended to be used apart from My Presence. 

The more you soak in My Presence and shower your love and affection on Me for My own sake, the more you will realise who you are in My Kingdom. You know in your head that you are a daughter of the King of kings, one of the royal priesthood, a friend of God, equipped with the same death-defying power through which I rose from the death...but you do not often act like you know this!

As you soak in My Presence, you begin to absorb the heart revelation of your identity in Me. You cannot force this. You do not seek Me for this purpose. But as you seek Me for Me alone, fixing your eyes on My Face, you can begin to see yourself as you truly are. No amount of self-reflection or self-awareness can reveal this true identity to you - you can only discover it as a delightful side effect of living in communion with Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment