Thursday 27 March 2014

Circular Hide and Seek

Psalm 7:17 "I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High."

When you speak My name in sweet affection, just to tell Me how much you love Me - how this warms My heart! When you seek Me for the sheer joy of being in My Presence - how this delights Me! 

You know I love for you to come to Me with your heart's burdens, when you seek Me because you NEED to receive from Me just to keep going. I do love to meet your needs. 

But there is another level of joy and delight that I experience when you love on Me without consciously needing something from Me. When you speak to Me specifically of all the aspects of My character that you adore!  

I love this time that we have together each day. I love that you have found a way to make this a priority in your life. I love that you have begun to calculate how you can make more time, for the joy of being in My Presence. 

I love to be pursued by My children...to watch them discover the beautiful mystery of being pursued by the One they pursue. A circular game of hide and seek. I love to hide where you can find me, because I am, in fact, chasing after you. 
  
Jeremiah 29:13-14a "'You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord, 'and will bring you back from captivity."


No comments:

Post a Comment