Friday 21 March 2014

Yield Your Heart

See how I am giving you Grace to see you through each day? My Grace is like the manna - you need to receive it each day, just enough for that day. You cannot inoculate yourself against the future. Just receive the Grace for today, and leave tomorrow in my hands.

Your mind wants to rush ahead, to think through all the implications of yesterday's news - how this might affect your other children, your marriage and your life. But discipline your mind to stay here with Me. Stay in today. 

Remember: your best preparation is to draw near to Me. Let me build up your strength. I am able to do this only to the degree that you truly surrender, yield yourself to Me. This is one way I limit Myself by the gift of free will. But the beauty of this is - the more you willingly yield yourself to Me, the more I can strengthen you. 

You have felt like you have had very little reserves of energy these past several weeks - this is because you yield to Me, then switch back into Do-It-Yourself mode. Learn to stay yielded. You need to practise this. Recognise the signs of D-I-Y mode: 
  • pride at how much you are accomplishing, or about how you are coping, followed closely by - 
  • feeling stressed and anxious
  • feeling overwhelmed, often followed by -
  • snapping at your husband and children
  • thinking "how am I going to do ___ ?", and ending up -
  • sobbing "I can't do this!"
Pick up on the pride first, before you spiral downwards and out of control. When you recognise these feelings of pride, run to Me. Yield your heart to Me, and draw strength from Me. Victorious living flows from a consistently yielded heart. 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing insight...I feel this, too. Same cycle. I love the words He gives you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Love you, friend!

      Delete