Friday 8 August 2014

Turn Your Eyes

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. " Psalm 119 : 37

Beloved, there are some things you fix your eyes on that are just not helpful.  This "I just want her home!" cry of your heart is, of course a legitimate desire. But to fix your eyes on this desire is worthless. Pining after something that cannot be in the here and now is futile and even harmful to your heart.

I long to be your heart's foremost desire! Pining after Me is never harmful to you! I always make myself available to be found by you.

Chase after Me with the intensity and passion you feel towards your newborn daughter.

Fix your eyes on Me, dear one.  The more desperate you feel, the more helpless, the more your heart aches - focus your whole heart on turning towards Me.  Focus your longing on Me. Focus your desperation on Me.  Fix your eyes on Me.

Life is found here in My Presence.  As precious as cuddles with your newborn are, they cannot compare to cuddles with your Daddy God!! My Embrace soothes your aching heart. My Embrace imparts abundant life. Rest here in My Embrace.  Don't rush away.

No comments:

Post a Comment