Wednesday 27 August 2014

Desperate Hunger

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning." Psalm 130:5-6

Bring Me the daily sacrifice of your time, dear one. I know how dearly it costs you to carve out time to spend with Me amidst the busyness of life with young children who are so dependent on you. 

Look at your tiny baby daughter. Look at the desperation that she exhibits when she is hungry! Nothing will satisfy until she is at your breast being nurtured. There is an urgency, a "nothing else matters" quality to her hungry cry. 

I want you to hunger for My Word and My Presence with the same intensity, the same single-mindedness! I want you to need My Word and My Presence so desperately that you just cannot put it off! 

Oh, Beloved, the need is already there. You just have to realise it. Open your mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment