Sunday 14 September 2014

Consistency and Constancy

Discontent. A telltale sign that your eyes have slipped from My Face to your surroundings. Your salvation is not in how clean you keep your house! you are already saved by My sacrifice, Beloved. 

When your eyes slip from My Face, you all-too-easily start believing the enemy's lies: "You will be happy if you can just...keep your house clean/ run a successful business/ raise obedient and charming children/ be fit and healthy..." All of these are lovely, but will not satisfy your heart's longing. 

This is not a new message, My dear. But I will repeat it until it sinks in. Until a habit is formed. And then, I will repeat it again because there will always be distractions. Fix your eyes on Me!

You long for consistency and constancy in your good habits. Remember the adage, "Live with them, get like them"? Well, the more time you spend in My Presence, the more you take on My characteristics. It's that simple! I am the one Constant of the universe. Spend time with Me and you will grow in constancy. Not through striving, not through your own strength, but by the power of My Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment