Tuesday 9 September 2014

Blessed are Those Who Trust

"Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them - he remains faithful forever." Psalm 146:5-6

Reflect on My Faithfulness. Take today, for example...how many incidents can you count when you chose very deliberately to put your hope in Me, and I came through for you? Not always in the way that you thought best. Sometimes in a much better way that you had not even imagined. 

I want you to live in close dependence on Me, Beloved. Breathing through each anxiety, each fear, each "How am I going to face this?" moment by reasserting your trust in Me. As you do this, you invite Me to manage the details of your life, and allow Me a greater degree of creativity in working solutions to the everyday challenges that you face. 

Too often you long and pray for My involvement, but then try to strictly control the outcome. This is not trust, my dear. Trust leaves outcomes in My capable hands. Trust remembers that I made heaven and earth. Trust knows without a shadow of a doubt that I love you completely, unreservedly, unconditionally.

Blessed is the one who trusts in Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment