Thursday 20 February 2014

Intimacy

When you are at your tiredest, you are at your most vulnerable. Vulnerable to attacks on your mind, your thought-life. This is when you need to draw near to Me even MORE frequently! Not just in desperation, but also in confidence. 

I have given you everything you need for life and godliness - on your weakest days just as much as on your strongest. My Presence in your life is all you need to stay on track. How sweet is this time of intimacy that we have each day? Well, it doesn't have to end when you go out of this room...

I want you to experience this intimacy all through your day. Imagine - in the midst of major mealtime battles - My Presence pervading your heart! How different would your response be? 

You cultivate My Presence by your choices through the day. Please let Me influence your thoughts more than a TV program. More than Etsy. More than "how you feel". 

Meditate on Psalm 23 - a psalm of cultivating My Presence. Residing in My Presence. Truly dwelling. How living this truth could change your outlook, your default response in times of frustration and difficulty!

No comments:

Post a Comment