Friday 7 February 2014

Each Moment


Learn to walk with Me each moment. This is part of what it means to be on your guard. Be switched ON to My voice, My Presence. Stand firm in the faith, by coming back to My Presence persistently, a thousand times a day. For to be able to do everything in love, you need to be constantly in touch with the source of love. You cannot forge love, or fake it, or do it in your own strength. Even (or especially) with your own children. Come to Me for fresh love for them at every chance. 

Refuse to let world-weariness and task-busyness keep you from coming to Me. Practise this act of putting aside what engrosses you in the moment, to sneak a breath or two in My arms. I'm not asking you to have "devotion" fifty times a day. Just don't tune out! 

I know you automatically tune out at present, so practise tuning back in. It only takes a minute. See how often you can pull your attention back to Me today. It will get easier, I promise! 

1 Corinthians 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment