Wednesday 8 October 2014

The River

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power and love and self control." 2 Timothy 2:7

Every day, fear whispers to you. Calling you to rehearse the "what ifs"; telling you that you can't face this or that; urging you to try to plan for every contingency. Learn to identify fear's voice so that you can shut it down. 

My Spirit is in direct opposition to fear. 
My Spirit gives Life, while fear drains you. 
My Spirit frees you, while fear enslaves you. 
My Spirit mobilizes you, while fear causes you to freeze. 
My Spirit enables you to exercise tremendous self control, while fear keeps you as a victim of your own urges and cravings. 
My Spirit gives you strength, while fear convinces you you are too weak to cope. 
My Spirit empowers you to make wise choices in spite of exhaustion, while fear confuses you. 

Let the voice of My Spirit drown out the voice of fear. My Spirit speaks in Love. Fear would like to keep you dry and dehydrated, stuck out in the desert. Come to the River, Beloved. Come, drink and live! Can you hear the River roar? My Spirit is Life. Hear the gushing of the water, and come near. The River is powerful and flowing fast, and fear would keep you away. Hear Me calling you and come. Come, dear one, and jump in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment