Wednesday 20 May 2015

A Different Path

1 Samuel 13-14

See how quickly Saul slipped into "D.I.Y. mode"! As soon as there was some question about My representative being true to his word, Saul took matters into his own hands. His pride in the position that I gave him caused him to let his eyes slip from My Face to himself - and the consequences were disastrous for him. Saul sacrificed the future of his kingdom. 

Beloved, there is always a consequence to "D.I.Y. mode". It is not a safe place to be. Your judgement will always be compromised, as you cannot see the big picture the way that I can. The only safe place to be is with your eyes fixed on Me. Saul's judgement was compromised, and he made a rash vow that almost cost him his son's life. Living in "D.I.Y. mode" has cost you your health. It's not a punishment, dear one, but a natural consequence of choosing to carry the weight of your world on your shoulders instead of surrendering it to Me. 

Hear Me, Beloved. This is not intended to make you feel guilty. This is news of HOPE. I am showing you a different path. A path of moment-by-moment surrender to Me. I am searching for people after my own heart. I can do so much more through you when you live surrendered. Come with Me on this adventure!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment